Publicity Brainstorming 2022
Every time I have a conversation with someone about the upcoming show in November, great ideas come up about how we can get more participation and more attendees for the Opening Reception and the Show itself — and students for our classes, and customers for our vendors.
The ideas are great, but it will take more than one person to act on even a fraction of the ideas.
I’m creating separate pages for different types of publicity and encourage you to look at each one, or if you’re coming here with a great idea to share, look for the best fit and add your idea using the form you’ll find on each page.
Here are the categories I have so far: Click the link to go to page with list of ideas so far, and to add your own.
- Print Publications (local news, mags, seasonal tourist publications, AAA Northern New England)
If you’re exhibiting a rug, we should get something in YOUR local paper! We can help!
- Media outlets (TV / Radio)
- Fiber arts stores / galleries, yarn shops, around the region/state. For cards/ posters / display a rug / do a demonstration?
- Arts organizations / Art Centers that our members might be associated with: ie VT state crafts council, Frog Hollow, West Brattleboro Arts , Putney crafts tour. We might ask to share our information through these other organizations – ie cards at a stop on an open studio tour.
- Display a real rug with poster / business cards. Let’s identify locations is as many towns as possible for a hooked piece to be on display next to a poster with info about show and “learn to hook” workshop. Could be library, craft gallery, fiber store. In towns where there are many members, perhaps this could be arranged to have one piece per month April through October?
- State Highway Visitors Centers / Town Regional Visitors Centers — places visitors look for info on what to do in VT.
- Central Vermont restaurants / hotels where we might leave cards
- Central Vermont Art Teachers (Elementary through High School) who might be interested in bringing their class to see Hooked Art — we could offer some support after the show if the teacher wants to try a project with their students.
- Web calendars — Seven Days, Vermont.com, Rug Hooking Magazine Events page, etc.
- Places where you or a group could demonstrate hooking or punching. Could be a 251 Challenge Hooking in Public — we can provide a poster and business cards for you to display / hand out to visitors who stop by to see what you’re doing.
- Social Media — how do you share with your friends and followers? Let us know where you’ll be sharing.