Print Publications (local news, mags, seasonal tourist publications, AAA Northern New England)
If you’re exhibiting a rug, we should get something in YOUR local paper! We can help with a sample press release.
We’re trying to keep Paid Advertising to a budget, but we should aim for Listings or Articles in as many publications as we can.
Pretend you’re a tourist — pick up tourist magazines that are available in your town and submit the publication info below!
Do you like to write? We’d love to have you on the team to write articles / press releases, etc. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Newspapers: This list is from Vermont.com and links to a page there, but then gets us to contact info:
- Addison County Independent
- Barre-Montpelier Times Argus Mary Gow seems to be the Arts Editor for visual arts — anybody know her?
- Bennington Banner
- Brattleboro Reformer
- Burlington Free Press
- Deerfield Valley News
- Herald of Randolph
- Manchester Journal
- News & Citizen
- The Rutland Herald
- St. Albans Messenger
- The Stowe Reporter Barb submitted inquiry re: ads and articles*
- Vermont Woman Newspaper
- AAA Northern New England — Barb has reached out for deadlines (August), contact info / etc?
- Yankee Magazine — any subscribers who could look for contact info / pub. deadlines. etc?
- Brattleboro Commons — weekly — Barb will submit press release naming Bratt. area members participating in show.
- Vermont Magazine – Barb submitted inquiry re: ads and articles *
- NH: Seacoast Ruggers — Grace C. will submit our ads for their newsletter — contact email@example.com if you can do this for other Rug Hooking groups / guilds
*Here’s what Barb submitted to get the ball rolling:
The Green Mountain Rug Hooking Guild is preparing for a show in Montpelier in early November 2022. I am curious about ad rates, but also about possibility of an article about our show. We can provide high resolution photos of some of the rugs that will be on display . In 2020 we had to cancel our show and created an online show instead. Please take a look: https://rugshow2020.gmrhg.org
Use this form to submit ideas, or email firstname.lastname@example.org