Patty Yoder Scholarship
It’s Time to Apply for the Patty Yoder Scholarship 2018! The deadline for applying is May 9th.
Please consider applying for the Patty Yoder Scholarship. As a Yoder Scholar, one is able to attend a “Hooked in the Mountains” workshop because the scholar’s tuition is paid in full by donations from the family and friends of Patty Yoder to the Yoder Scholarship fund. We will award 2 scholarships.
Any paid GMRHG member may apply for a scholarship except for present board members.
The 2018 Hooked in the Mountains Workshops will be held during the 2018 Hooked in the Mountains Rug Show. There are 4 classes to choose from and each class is one day. The scholarship covers the tuition for the class.
October 17-21, 2018
Champlain Valley Exposition
105 Pearle St
Essex Junction, Vermont.
For information on classes please see The Show page, with links to each of the four classes.
The Yoder Scholarship Committee encourages you to apply if you are a member of the Green Mountain Rug Hooking Guild and can say “yes” to ANY of the following qualities. (You don’t have to say “yes” to all of them!)
- Do you exhibit a commitment to the art of rug hooking in your own work, and demonstrate a generous and sharing spirit in your hooking community?
- Do you demonstrate a passion for your own growth within the art form through individual initiative?
- Do you want to work with different teachers?
- Are you committed to creating original artwork?
- Do you actively promote the growth of rug hooking through talks, teaching, writing, organizing, or experimenting?
- Do you think of yourself as a creative thinker who takes risks who questions the status quo and helps move rug hooking to the art/craft recognition it deserves? Are you someone who works for the good of rug hooking and the Guild?
Please include up to 5 photos of your work to show the committee a sample of what you have done in the past. Please put your name on the back of the photos or they may be sent digitally to Kris at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please write and answer the questions below. If there is information about yourself that you think the committee should consider, but we haven’t asked, tell us about it!
Send or email your answers to Kris at: email@example.com
62 Butterfield Rd,
Dummerston, VT 05301.
Kris will be joined on the 2018 Yoder Scholarship Committee by Hilary Farquhar and Liz Vic. Your application must be received no later than May 9th, 2018. We will announce the names of the two recipients by special email by May 20th.
Keep in mind that your application will NOT be judged on the quality of your writing, the quality of your hooking, or financial need. Rather, the committee will be looking for information that helps us to understand the strength of your passion for and commitment to rug hooking. Be as free and creative as you like in answering the following questions.
- How long have you been a member of the Green Mountain Rug Hooking Guild?
- Tell us about your commitment to the art of rug hooking.
- Please tell us about how you have worked to grow within the art form — have you taken classes? Are you self taught?
- How are you involved with the rug hooking community? Do you belong to a regular hooking group? Do you work on your own?
- Please tell us about your volunteer activities within the rug hooking community.
- How do you feel about working with different teachers?
- Please tell us about your commitment through creating original artwork.